Invitation: Seminar on expanding the role of the Companies Tribunal
The Companies Tribunal in partnership with the North-West University invites you to a Seminar under the theme: Expanding the role of the Companies Tribunal – A case for comprehensive amendments.
The seminar will be hybrid (virtual and physical)
Date: Thursday, 9 March 2023
Venue: MC-A1_261 Multi-Functional Boardroom (NWU, Mafikeng Campus)
Link: To be shared
Programme: Click here
RSVP: To firstname.lastname@example.org
- Re-thinking the Co-operatives Act 14 of 2005 and the Companies Act 71 of 2008 (Non- Profit Companies) in terms of opportunities presented for the extension of the mandate of the Companies Tribunal in the areas of Reservation of Names, Changing of Names, Extension of AGM/ meetings, Removal/Cessation of Directors/ Members, and Investigation.
- Exploring possible opportunities presented by Business Rescue under the Companies Act 71 of 2008 for expansion of the mandate of the Companies Tribunal.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- How to ensure a company name reservation does not infringe a registered trademark and unpack the Mbongwe decision
- Overview of the mandate of the Companies Tribunal in adjudication and resolution of company’s disputes involving the promotion and protection of shareholder activism under the Companies Act 71 of 2008.
For more information please contact:
Mr Simukele Khoza on Skhoza@companiestribunal.org.za or 012 394 1800